Sunday, September 4

Dad's Day cardmaking


This was an interesting one - I tested a few new techniques here, such as running cardstock under the sewing machine - *gasp*  

And it was great fun - deliberately sewing crooked lines, cutting corners, and basically doing all of the things a good seamstress should not. I need an excuse to do it again.

I also tested out some of my new punches - circles, flowers and the teeny-tiny tag at the top that says 'happy father's day'. Then I ripped some bits, curled some bits, and inked the living daylights out of everything. I'm in love with the deep red used for the stamping, courtesy of aged mahogany Distress Ink.

And who says making man-cards is no fun? 
He loved it, by the way. Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

Bell said...

Wow - that looks awesome.
Love the circles!